Wesley So wins US Championship with Fischeresque 9 out of 11. Wesley So cruised to a 2nd US Championship title after two quick draws on the final day. Ray Robson could have caught him with a win in their penultimate round game, but had no tricks up his sleeve against the Berlin Defence. Wesley then thanked Hikaru Nakamura for “gentlemanship and sportsmanship” in playing out a 5-minute draw that was almost a carbon copy of a game they played two years earlier. Jeffery Xiong was runner-up, just half a point behind, and earned a $25,000 present on the eve of his 20th birthday.
- Official website
- All the US Chess Championship games with computer analysis
- Irina Krush defies COVID to win 8th US Chess Championship
- US Chess Champs Day 1: Wesley on 100%
- US Chess Champs Day 2: Awonder shocks Nakamura
- US Chess Champs Day 3: Wesley So breaks clear