It’s three games, three draws in the 2018 World Chess Championship match in London, with Black the side pushing at the end of all three of them. On this occasion both players had ample reason for regret, with Magnus Carlsen giving the one-word answer “nope” to the question of whether he was satisfied with the outcome of the opening. Fabiano Caruana got a significant edge, but then threw it all away in one careless move. After that he was made to suffer, but not too much. As he said at the post-game press conference, “I think that Magnus could have tortured me for a bit more”.
- Official website
- All the games with computer analysis on chess24
- Our special Carlsen-Caruana World Chess Championship page
- Grischuk and Giri join our Carlsen-Caruana show
- Carlsen and Caruana true to form in press opener
- Game 1: Magnus lets Fabi off the hook
- Game 2: Full grovel mode