Carlsen and Lagno end 2018 as World Blitz Champions. Magnus Carlsen won a 10th World Championship title as he scored a brilliant unbeaten 17/21 in the World Blitz Championship in St. Petersburg. That was enough for clear first place, but only just, after 20-year-old Jan-Krzysztof Duda matched him every step of the way on the final day to finish just half a point back. Hikaru Nakamura added blitz to rapid bronze to become the 2nd highest earner of the championship. In the women’s tournament Kateryna Lagno finished on an unbeaten 13.5/17 to snatch gold just ahead of Sarasadat Khademalsharieh and Lei Tingjie.
- Official website
- All the World Rapid Championship games with computer analysis: Open | Women
- All the World Blitz Championship games with computer analysis: Open | Women
- World Rapid 1: Magnus suffers as Firouzja shines
- World Rapid 2: Seven leaders as Magnus lurks
- World Rapid 3: Dubov and Ju Wenjun take gold