If Magnus Carlsen and Wesley So are going to meet in a 3rd Meltwater Champions Chess Tour final they both need to win on demand on Day 2 of their Magnus Carlsen Invitational semi-finals. Magnus regretted a “massive own goal” as he spoilt a great position in the 3rd game against Ian Nepomniachtchi and was then outplayed in time trouble. Anish Giri got off to the worst possible start by blundering and losing with White to Wesley, but he hit back to win the last two games of the day and take the lead.
- Champions Chess Tour website
- All the Magnus Carlsen Invitational games: Qualifier, Prelims, Knockout
- Spaced-themed Magnus Carlsen Invitational returns
- Grandelius and Pichot complete Magnus Carlsen Invitational line-up
- Magnus Carlsen faces Firouzja and Giri on Day 1 of his Invitational
- MCI 1: Giri beats Carlsen and So to snatch lead
- MCI 2: Giri still leads Carlsen as battle heats up
- MCI 3: Carlsen top, as Radjabov, Karjakin & Dubov miss out
- MCI 4: Carlsen & So to meet again?
- MCI 5: It’s Carlsen-Nepo and So-Giri in the semi-finals