Maxime Vachier-Lagrave won a spectacular game in the Najdorf Sicilian to end a run of 7 draws in Pool D of the Belgrade FIDE Grand Prix and take the sole lead. There were missed chances for Yu Yangyi against Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, and for Sam Shankland against Etienne Bacrot, as all the remaining Round 4 games ended in draws, ensuring a tense battle ahead in the final two rounds of the group stages.
Tune in on Sunday for the penultimate round of the group stages of the Belgrade FIDE Grand Prix action from 09:00 ET | 15:00 CET | 19:30 IST on Sunday.
- Official website
- FIDE Grand Prix 2022: Qualifying for the Candidates Tournament
- All the Leg 2 Belgrade FIDE Grand Prix games on chess24: Combined Pools
- Nakamura returns to triumph in Berlin Grand Prix
- Belgrade Grand Prix begins under shadow of war
- Belgrade Grand Prix 1: Grischuk ‘pained’ by war, loses to Andreikin
- Belgrade Grand Prix 2: Giri and Vidit with perfect start
- Belgrade Grand Prix 3: Rapport beats and catches Vidit