Levon Aronian beat Magnus Carlsen in the first round of Day 2 of the Goldmoney Asian Rapid as he joined Ding Liren in scoring an unbeaten 3.5/5 for a second day in a row to move ahead of the pack. Of the five co-leaders at the start of the day, Artemiev scored a solid 3/5, Magnus scored 50% and Dubov crashed to three defeats and just two draws to leave him outside the qualifying spots. His place was taken by 17-year-old Indian star Arjun Erigaisi, who defeated Vidit and Hou Yifan.
- Champions Chess Tour website
- All the Goldmoney Asian Rapid games with computer analysis: Prelims, Knockout
- Hou Yifan joins Magnus Carlsen for Goldmoney Asian Rapid
- Carlsen starts Goldmoney Asian Rapid against Firouzja, Hou Yifan & So
- Goldmoney Asian Rapid Day 1: Carlsen hits back after Firouzja stumble
751 total views, 1 views today