Magnus Carlsen described it as “massive” that he won Day 1 of his Goldmoney Asian Rapid quarterfinal match against Wesley So after a slugfest that featured just one draw. Vladislav Artemiev also took the lead with a 3:0 whitewash of Anish Giri, who joked that “playing horrible chess” might be a hitherto unknown side effect of vaccination. 17-year-old Arjun Erigaisi traded wins with world no. 5 Levon Aronian, and while Ding Liren-Duda saw all four games drawn it featured some of the day’s most combative chess.
Tune into all the action live from 13:00 CEST on chess24 with all the moves, computer analysis and commentary.
- Champions Chess Tour website
- All the Goldmoney Asian Rapid games with computer analysis: Prelims, Knockout
- Hou Yifan joins Magnus Carlsen for Goldmoney Asian Rapid
- Carlsen starts Goldmoney Asian Rapid against Firouzja, Hou Yifan & So
- Goldmoney Asian Rapid Day 1: Carlsen hits back after Firouzja stumble
- Goldmoney Asian Rapid Day 2: Aronian and Ding lead
- Goldmoney Asian Rapid Day 3: Aronian triumphs, faces 17-year-old Erigaisi
545 total views, 1 views today