“It’s a great feeling – it’s like falling in love!” said Levon Aronian of winning the final clutch game on demand to beat Alexander Grischuk and set up a semifinal against World Champion Magnus Carlsen. The other quarterfinal saw all four normal games won by Black, leaving Leinier Dominguez knowing that all he needed to do was win one of the clutch games to win the match. Both games were drawn, however, and it’s Fabiano Caruana who goes on to play Wesley So in a repeat of the recent Clutch Chess USA final.
The winner of Caruana-So will play the winner of Carlsen-Aronian in the final, with a long weekend of chess action starting on Thursday. Tune in for all the action from 20:00 CEST.
- Official website
- All the Clutch Chess International games with computer analysis here on chess24
- Carlsen tops Clutch Chess International field
- Clutch Chess Day 1: Xiong hits back against Carlsen
- Clutch Chess Day 2: Levon takes late-night lead
- Clutch Chess Day 3: Carlsen and So reach semifinals
386 total views, 1 views today