Dear Chess Friends!
Our half-term camp has been postponed. Our next camp will now be in the Summer Holidays.
>>> Click here to join our Online Chess Lessons
This Chess Camp – course is designed to offer you a great practical chess understanding in a minimal amount of time. This way, children will be able to create the foundation of all of their future chess learning and be ready to enjoy quality chess playing.
Who Can Attend Our Chess Camp?
All abilities are welcome!
For children age 6-12 years old
What Will We Teach:
- History of chess
- Chess pieces and how they move
- Goals of chess
- Starting a game and basic opening principles
- Promotion – Castling – En Passant
- Checkmate and stalemate
- Tournament rules
For more advanced students
- Middlegame and endgame strategies
- Tactics and combinations
- Puzzles and studies
- Basic opening theory
- Famous chess games
- Chess variants
- Each day will have three 50-minute planned
- chess-related activities with 10-minute
- breaks, followed by two 30-minute tournament games.
- Thursday will include prize giving. Trophies, medals, toys and certificates will be awarded.
- Children are welcome to bring snacks to consume during the breaks, but strictly no nuts please!
>>> Click here to join our next Chess Camp
“Every chessmaster was once a beginner” – Irving Chernev
8,485 total views, 5 views today
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes