Chess in School
We have been assembling in our course a set of materials that can be used for teaching chess in class (and pre-school). These materials now form an almost complete range for any age. The access to Teaching Materials to make it much easier for kids to find the material and to download it.
There are also other support materials and much more material of interest can be found within this Teaching Materials section, including the option to download some of this material chapter by chapter or section by section. The Teaching Materials all bear the stamp of approval of the FIDE CiS Commission: Approved by the World Chess Federation’s Chess in Schools Commission.
- Introduction: Welcome to chess world. History of Chess and the Goal of Chess
- Chess Pieces and How they Move
- Special Move: Stalemate, Pawn Promotion, En Passant capture, Castling
- Chess Language – Learn writing the moves
- Attack and Defence
- Chess Etiquette & Rules
- Some Tournament Rules
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current best practice in Chess Teaching.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience and examples.
- Getting Off to a Good Start (control the center – develop all your chess pieces)
- The Classic Trick – Scholar’s Mate
- Solving Puzzles ( Checkmate in One etc.)
- For the last 20-25 minutes, the children will play against each other, practicing the skills they have learn during the tutorial.
- Print Materials Included.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 49
- Assessments Yes