Chess in Schools
We have been assembling in our course a set of materials that can be used for teaching chess in primary and secondary schools. These materials now form an almost complete range for any age.
- Introduction: Welcome to the World of Chess. History of Chess and the Goal of Chess
- Chess Pieces and How they Move
- Getting Off to a Good Start: Control Centre, Coordination and Castle
- Special Moves: Stalemate, Pawn Promotion, En Passant capture, Castling
- Chess Language: Learn to write the moves
- Attack and Defence
- Middlegame and Endgame Strategies
- Chess Etiquette and Rules
- Tournament Rules
- Opening Tricks: Scholar’s Mate, Fool’s Mate and Fried Liver
- For the last 20-25 minutes, the children will play against each other, practicing the skills they have learned during the tutorial.
7,247 total views, 3 views today