Chess in School
We have been assembling in our course a set of materials that can be used for teaching chess in class (and pre-school). These materials now form an almost complete range for any age.
- Introduction: Welcome to chess world. History of Chess and the Goal of Chess
- Chess Pieces and How they Move
- Special Move: Stalemate, Pawn Promotion, En Passant capture, Castling
- Chess Language – Learn writing the moves
- Attack and Defence
- Chess Etiquette & Rules
- Some Tournament Rules
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current best practice in Chess Teaching.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience and examples.
- Getting Off to a Good Start (control the center – develop all your chess pieces)
- The Classic Trick – Scholar’s Mate
- Solving Puzzles ( Checkmate in One etc.)
- For the last 20-25 minutes, the children will play against each other, practicing the skills they have learn during the tutorial.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 49
- Assessments Yes