Chess Rising Stars currently offer breakfast, lunchtime and after-school chess clubs at primary and secondary schools across London. We believe chess is easy to play, fun to learn and full of secrets to discover.
Our students and schools have achieved individual and collective successes, including reaching the finals of the National Primary Schools’ Chess Championships 2023.
The Chess Rising Stars team of experienced coaches would be delighted to discuss making arrangements for chess lessons at your school.
We have been assembling in our course a set of materials that can be used for teaching chess in primary and secondary schools. These materials now form an almost complete range for any age.
Sample Learning Outcomes
- Introduction: Welcome to the world of chess. The history and the goal of chess
- Chess pieces and how they move
- Getting off to a good start: Control the centre, development and castling
- Special moves: Pawn promotion, en passant, castling
- Chess language and notation: Learn to write the moves
- Attack and defence
- Middlegame and endgame strategies
- Chess etiquette and tournament rules
- Opening tricks: e.g. Scholar’s Mate, Fool’s Mate and the Fried Liver
- For the last 20-25 minutes, the children will play against each other, practising the skills they have learned during our lessons under the observation of an expert coach
- We are in compliance with the Department for Education’s September 2023 publication ‘After-school clubs, community activities, and tuition: Safeguarding guidance for providers’
- Our experienced coaches hold up-to-date enhanced DBS check certifications
- Our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
- Our staff Code of Conduct can be found here
- Further policy and insurance documentation for school chess clubs are available on request
>>> Contact Us Today to arrange Chess Lessons for your School
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes