Fabiano Caruana cruised to 1st place in his debut Meltwater Champions Chess Tour preliminary stage, scoring 10/15 to finish a full point ahead of the field. He plays Ian Nepomniachtchi in the quarterfinals, after the new World Championship Challenger scraped an unlikely win against Alexander Grischuk in the final round. That almost knocked out Magnus Carlsen, with the World Champion calling it a “massive relief” that he ultimately beat Teimour Radjabov on demand. Levon Aronian and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov were the players to suffer last-round heartbreak.
- Meltwater Champions Chess Tour website
- FTX Crypto Cup games with computer analysis and commentary: Prelims, Knockout
- Carlsen-Nepo as full Top 10 play $320,000 FTX Crypto Cup
- FTX Crypto Cup Day 1: Giri leads as Carlsen struggles
- FTX Crypto Cup Day 2: Carlsen plays 1.b4 as race blown wide open
829 total views, 1 views today