Wesley So and Teimour Radjabov have one foot in the FTX Crypto Cup semi-finals after winning Day 1 of their quarterfinals against Maxime Vachier-Lagrave and Anish Giri, but the greatest drama took place in the drawn matches. Magnus Carlsen and Hikaru Nakamura traded blows with White winning all four games in a throwback to the first day of the 2020 Magnus Carlsen Invitational, the event that launched the online chess revolution. New World Championship challenger Ian Nepomniachtchi looked set to beat ex-challenger Fabiano Caruana, but couldn’t draw the final game on demand.
- Meltwater Champions Chess Tour website
- FTX Crypto Cup games with computer analysis and commentary: Prelims, Knockout
- Carlsen-Nepo as full Top 10 play $320,000 FTX Crypto Cup
- FTX Crypto Cup Day 1: Giri leads as Carlsen struggles
- FTX Crypto Cup Day 2: Carlsen plays 1.b4 as race blown wide open
- FTX Crypto Cup Day 3: Carlsen-Naka in QFs as Magnus & Nepo scrape through
667 total views, 1 views today