Shakhriyar Mamedyarov took a quick draw against Maxime Vachier-Lagrave in the final round to clinch first place in the Superbet Chess Classic along with the $90,000 top prize. The Azerbaijan no. 1 finished a full point ahead of Levon Aronian, Alexander Grischuk and Wesley So in 2nd place. Caruana-Deac was by far the longest game of the day, but Fabiano Caruana couldn’t improve a disappointing tournament, while MVL finished last before heading to his home city this weekend for the Paris Rapid & Blitz.
The Superbet Chess Classic ended as it began, with all five games drawn, which left the final table looking as follows — click on any game to open it with computer analysis, or hover over a name to see all of a player’s results.
- Official website
- All the games with computer analysis on chess24
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 1: Giri’s gamble almost backfires
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 2: Deac shocks MVL
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 3: Lupulescu stuns Giri
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 4: So & Grischuk snatch lead
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 5: Shakh attack!
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 6: Grischuk & Mamedyarov extend lead
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 7: Shakh strikes again
- Superbet Chess Classic Round 8: Shakh on the brink
689 total views, 3 views today