The 2017/2018 Chess Bundesliga season was decided in a playoff held in Baden-Baden on Thursday 24th May, after the two teams couldn’t be separated by the 15-round normal season.
Peter Svidler and Rustam Kasimdzhanov were the heroes as Baden-Baden beat Solingen 4.5:3.5 in the playoff to claim a 12th Bundesliga title in the last 13 years. On paper it was a mismatch, with Baden-Baden fielding seven 2700 players to Solingen’s one, but when they’d done that earlier in the season David had beaten Goliath! This time round Elo triumphed, though Anish Giri, one of just two Top 10 players not playing in Altibox Norway Chess, scored a consolation goal by beating World Championship Challenger and world no. 2 Fabiano Caruana.
- Official website OSG Baden-Baden ist Deutscher Meister 2018
- Replay all the Bundesliga games with computer analysis
- MVL & Anand play in Baden-Baden winning start
- Solingen keep track with Baden-Baden
- Erwin l’Ami stars as Solingen shock Baden-Baden
1,762 total views, 1 views today