The $1.5 million Champions Chess Tour kicks off on Sunday with the first event, The Skilling Open, featuring 16 of the world’s top chess stars.
The event will have commentary in 8 languages, with 4 broadcasts in English. For the first time, one of them includes a state-of-the-art live studio in Oslo!
There will be four different broadcasts in English, all starting at 17.45 CET:
- The Oslo studio with GM David Howell and IM Jovanka Houska, hosted by Kaja Snare
- A chess24 broadcast hosted by IM Tania Sachdev and GM Peter Leko
- A Chessable broadcast hosted by GM Simon Williams, with new guests every day
- An Indian broadcast, with chess24’s WGM Soumya Swaminathan joined by ChessBase India’s husband and wife team of IM Sagar Shah and Amruta Mokal
As usual, there will also be separate broadcasts in other languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Turkish and Portuguese.
For the Champions Chess Tour, chess24 will be taking chess broadcasts to a completely new level. Not only will we have our regular shows with world-class commentators providing commentary for keen chess fans around the world, but we will also be running a brand new broadcast targeting a new audience.
The historic broadcast will be hosted from Oslo by Kaja Snare, who gained extensive experience working as a reporter for the 2016 World Championship match in New York, and also worked on chess broadcasts and as a sports reporter for Norwegian TV channels NRK and TV 2. She will be joined by 3-time British Champion David Howell and 9-time British Women’s Champion Jovanka Houska.
Read more on chess24
Skilling’s official coverage
- Champions Chess Tour website
- All the Skilling Open Preliminary games with computer analysis
- The King’s Gambit: Magnus Carlsen launches $1.5 million Champions Chess Tour
- What’s new in the Champions Chess Tour?
- Nakamura and Firouzja complete Skilling Open lineup